I’ve recently had a big clear out at home and managed to sell some stuff on eBay but also realised that this is really time consuming and can be quite a hassle. I originally thought that setting up a swap shop with fellow bloggers would be a good idea but then heard Jeska and Heather talking about a jumble sale and thought it would be the perfect way to get rid of surplus stuff (whilst probably buying more than I arrive with!) as well as meeting new people. So, the Vintage Jumble & Prop Sale was born! Me, Jeska, Heather, Sarah-Lou, Melanie and Karen have joined forces to organise the afternoon.
The sale is going to be on Sunday October 4th 1.30-4.30pm at the King Edward Hall in Lindfield (24 High Street, Lindfield, West Sussex RH16 2HH). We are going to be in the main Newcombe Hall.
There’s going to be old homewares, small pieces of furniture, textiles, kitchenalia, our spare props (some vintage, some new) that we use for blog posts, as well as some handmade stuff. There will also be tea, cake, savoury snacks, flowers and plants for sale.
There will be around twenty sellers on the day (including us organisers):
– Hannah of Petal & Feast (for tea, cakes and savoury snacks)
– Sophie of Geo-Fleur (for plants and planters)
– Laura of Dirty Pretty Vintage
– Emily of Makelight blog
– Ruth of Gathered Cheer blog
– Amalia of These Small Finds blog
– Hannah of Seeds and Stitches blog
– Jessica of The Cabinet Maker’s Tale blog (handmade peg rails)
– Tori @stylingmesimple on Instagram
– Fran @franreeves (handmade ceramics)
– Donna of Fabulous Flora blog (for flowers in vintage containers)
– Zoe of Beautiful Simplicity blog
– Michelle of @michelle.foundcountryantiques
– Renie @agraylife and Eloise @eloisestyle
– Eva, Linda and Bianca
We would love to see you there for a bit of shopping, chatting, tea drinking and cake eating. Can’t wait!
What a fabulous idea! I wish I were closer to bob along. I hope it’s a roaring success x
Oh wow wish I was closer to come along – what a great idea! x
Thanks for sharing this Katy. I’m busy digging out lots of things to sell 🙂 Will keep posting about it on social media. I’m really looking forward to it! xxx
So wish I could make it! I’m coming back from leeds that day and it’s probably just a bit too far out to make it work booo. Hope it’s lovely though x